Announcement

Collapse

Forum Etiquette - Please Read Before Posting

Please read the forum etiquette, by posting here you agree to be part of a polite society. https://vb.ourunraveled.com/articles...rum-ettiquette
See more
See less

Designers Who Sell Their Patterns from Their Own Websites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not her own website but might interest some - Mary Ann Lammers, in an effort to accommodate those who do not or will not use Ravelry she's made her patterns available on Loveknitting.com and will refund any difference that is on promo on Ravelry. She can't post promotions to Loveknitting.com but wants to be fair to all :-) Hope it's OK to post info in this forum.
    From now on I will be offering the same deals to my Loveknitting.com (Lovecrafts) customers!

When I offer a promotion on Ravelry that cannot be duplicated in Loveknitting I can now make it fair, I feel better about that because it's only right.

I am taking the idea from another designer who has made this offer because I think it is a fabulous concept and really quite simple. And you all know how I like to keep things simple!

When you purchase from Loveknitting please email me your PayPal receipt and I can then refund you the difference. Easy Peasy and the best solution for all of us here.

Knitting should be a happy place and I will always try to keep it that way!

I am almost finished loading my patterns there and should be finished within a week or so.... the weather is too nice to spend all day on the computer. I'd rather be on the deck with my knitting!

Comment

• knitterlady13
      knitterlady13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! That's great to know. I have a couple of her patterns and there are others I'm interested in.

Lots of great patterns at Quince and co. Thank you.

Comment

I absolutely love Biscotte Yarns and their patterns. Here's their link:

https://biscotteyarns.com/
      "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Amore
        Amore commented
        Editing a comment
        A treasure trove, and lots of free patterns to boot. Thanks, plainjaneknitter.

• knitterlady13
        knitterlady13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I adore that Bain De Soleil shawl. I've added it to my queue.

And one more is Andrea Rangel, author of "Alter Knit" (which is an awesome book for Fair Isle Patterns):

https://www.andrearangel.com/shop
      "I call on all of my colleagues and all of America to listen more and talk less, to show compassion for those who are in pain, and to resist the temptation to fight when others wish to escalate." ~ US Rep. Emanuel Cleaver II (D-MO)

Comment

• Pumpkin59
        Pumpkin59 commented
        Editing a comment
        She is a stand with ravelry designer. I know some don’t care, but some do.

Claire Garland (DotPebbles) has exquisitely beautiful knitted creature patterns. Just got an email about her new stuffed cat pattern with links to buy it through R, or through Etsy. Bought the cat pattern through Etsy (oh lordy, another rabbit hole I've never explored before). Here's the link to her Etsy shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DotpebblesKnits
      Last edited by Woolfan; 08-11-2019, 11:43 PM.
      ​"​​​​Be with those who help your being "- Rumi

Comment

• Amore
        Amore commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh, I love Dot Pebbles' creatures! Now I can add to my menagerie. Thanks, Woolfan!

I'm finding so many beautiful patterns here. Thanks everyone.

Comment

• Amore
        Amore commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a treasure hunt, for sure!

I was scouting the internet for beautiful baby patterns and found Little French Knits who sells from her own site and on yarn.com. OGE Knitwear Designs is another great resource who has an Etsy shop as well as selling on yarn.com.
      Knitwear Designs for Lovely Babies English Tutorials
      Last edited by Gayle J; 08-12-2019, 07:55 AM. Reason: To add further detail

Comment

I have to say, I am on this new site far more in a week than I had been on the site that shall not be named in the past two years. AND I am becoming “woke” to some amazing new to me designers. This whole debacle has given my knitting life a much needed renewal!

Comment

• FreedomLover
          FreedomLover commented
          Editing a comment
          Many of us are! People are trying all kinds of new things and enjoying the upgrade in technology. For me it's involved a case of Startitis like I haven't had in years. I'm going to make ALL the things.

• Amore
          Amore commented
          Editing a comment
          "Bless those who disappoint you; they're leading you toward a better path." Isn't this fun?!

• plainjaneknitter
          plainjaneknitter commented
          Editing a comment
          I said the same thing to a friend yesterday! Most of the time went to the other site to check my stash or find a pattern. However, with this site, I've actually been participating in forums. As a matter of fact, I went ahead an bought into the annual subscription yesterday because I sooo want this site to succeed.

Amore Always happy to enable ... er, be of help! LOL! I haven't actually made any of her patterns yet, but they are ones that I want to have for someday because they are so lovely, and she is a designer that I am happy to support. Have you made any of her patterns yet, Amore? I am interested in knowing what you think of the them, if you have!

Comment

Oh my goodness, yes. I love Dot Pebbles' work! Her Snowy Owl is one of my favorites.

Rabbit Hole Knits is another good source for clever knitted softies: http://www.rabbitholeknits.com/
          I've done quite a few of her designs, as well.

And while we're thinking of adorable knitted softies, check out Rainebo's work on LoveCrafts: https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/use...63f3988?page=1
          Who could resist that stuffed monkey?
          Last edited by Amore; 08-12-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Speaking of softies, you can't get any more fun than Hansi Singh's amigurumi designs. Available from Amazon in book form, and worth every penny.

https://www.amazon.com/Amigurumi-Kni...gateway&sr=8-1

Want to knit a praying mantis? Mom and baby chameleons? A tree frog? All manner of whimsies here abide (and I've made at least half of them). Hansi's work introduced me to short rows in the most delightful way possible.
            Last edited by Amore; 08-12-2019, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Yarn C. Http://www.KnittingFever.com/pattern-finder
              My personal views & Opinions may well not be those of the owners, management and other moderators - nor, are they intended to be personal, but may require adult sized undies.

Comment

• Amore
                Amore commented
                Editing a comment
                A very helpful addition. Thank you, wheat.

OMG, Amore, those are wonderful stuffies! Thank you! I really want to make Clare's cat, and her snowy owl is amazing. Would love to see a photo of the one you made!

Another stuffie designer that I followed on R was Phoenixknits. Thrilled to see that she's on Etsy too!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Phoenixknits

Comment

• Amore
                Amore commented
                Editing a comment
                Wacky on steroids! LOL @ mandrake root. Phoenixknits is a hoot!

(P.S. I'm lovin' your tagline.)

Originally posted by Amore View Post
              Wacky on steroids! LOL @ mandrake root. Phoenixknits is a hoot!

(P.S. I'm lovin' your tagline.)
              Phoney's forum was just as wacky. Lots of fun games and references to "vodie" (vodka). Some of members had a wonderfully wicked sense of humor. Great fun, and she seems like a very nice person.

Thank you, that's from "The Prophet". A family that I babysat for gave me Kahlil Gibrah's "The Prophet" for a high school graduation gift. The inscription was, "And the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears". Great book.

Comment

• Amore
                Amore commented
                Editing a comment
                I love the Gibran quote that says (paraphrasing here), "Your children are not yours, but belong to life."

Bendigo Woollen Mills has TONS of patterns, all very reasonably priced. Info on each is skimpy, but I’ve knit one and the directions are good. LOTS of cardigans/jumpers (pullovers). Their list starts to repeat things after 7-8 pages.
              https://www.bendigowoollenmills.com....tting-patterns

Comment

Working...
              X